How Add Games
Free roms can be found on this great website: www.emuparadise.me
- (ensure that your USB is formatted to FAT32 or NTFS)
- first create a folder called
retropieon your USB stick
- plug it into the pi and wait for it to finish blinking
- pull the USB out and plug it into a computer
- add the roms to their respective folders (in the
- plug it back into the raspberry pi
- wait for it to finish blinking
- refresh emulationstation by choosing restart emulationstation from the start menu
Transfer Games with WinSCP method
- Download WinSCP to transfer the files to the raspberry.
Your Raspberry and your computer must be connected on the same network.
- Host name: retropie
- User name: pi
- password: raspberry
Press Login Button
- On the right side, open the folder: home/pi/retropie/roms
- Open the roms folder you want in the list, example: NES
- Drop your NES roms in this folder
- Refresh emulationstation by choosing restart emulationstation from the start menu.
After you’ve added your roms you need to restart emulationstation in order for them to show up.
You can restart emulationstation from the start menu, or by rebooting your pi with this command: