Programming NFC Ntags / Cartridges
There are three ways to easily program your mini-cartridges.
Using your NESPi system, the web control app or using your phone. .
From your NESPi System:
The Electronics Kit is capable of writing NFC tags.
To do this you need to first transfer some games to your system as above, then follow these instructions:
- Launch the game you want to write to the cartridge from EmulationStation using your controller.
*You can also exit from this game and return to the EmulationStation.
- Press on Reset button 3sec until the power LED indicator flash, this means your NFC card write your cartridge.
*The NFC card will write the last game played.
From your internet browser:
- Login on the IP address of your Pi
Default Username: picontrol
Default Password: password
- On your web control page, select a console, select a game in your list, then click on the Write icon.
- Your NFC card will now write your cartridge with the game you have selected.
From your phone:
For this we need a modern Android or other device that supports NFC.
With your NFC-capable Android phone you need to download NFC Tools, this is the free edition.
First, you need to create two text records:
- the first contains the console name: “NES , SNES, PSX, etc.”
- the second contains the rom filename: “Mario3.nes, etc”
- Hit write, and then put your tag next to your phone’s NFC antenna, usually on the back somewhere and it will write your tag almost instantly.
- Now you can insert your cart into your mini NES to try it out, make sure the filename is the same and your rom is in the right folder.